OT: Should I call them “tweeters” or “twits”?
Never mind, let’s talk about some of the things you can do to make the most of Twitter.
Just like the subject line to an email, each tweet should get to the point very quickly. In fact, many of us read email in the same way we read tweets (only the first 140 characters.)
Lets face it, if you’re not Lady Gaga or Justin Bieber, getting a bunch of people interested in what you have to say doesn’t come easy. But with a little advice on the subtlety of tweeting, you can grow your followers with fellow twits that are actually interested in what you have to say.
Here are 5 things you can do to get more followers that matter:
- RTability: Limit your characters to 120 to make retweets (RTs) easier
- Hashtags are themes: Have a theme or three that you tweet about regularly because people follow you based on like interests
- Relevance is key: Be helpful or controversial or witty
- Link Interest: Tweets with links should tease or pose a question that promotes the follower to click the link
- Before you hit send: Review the tweet for better or fewer words
Get more advice on twitter: