I just wanted to share a little bit with you about the soon to be released Flex 2 courses. Yes, courses!
There are plans for a few courses focusing on Flex 2 application development, charting with Flex 2 and even a visual design course for Flex 2.
I”m really excited about this news for two reasons; appropriate focus on student needs, the courses themselves are exceptional.
At what level are you too experienced to attend a Flex 2 class? Having worked with and taught Flex for over two years, I can honestly say that there is a course for everyone.
- If you are not an object oriented programmer, there will be an ActionScript 3 course that will prepare you for Flex 2.
- If you are new to Flex but an experienced OO developer, you will take to Flex 2 like a fish to water. ActionScript 3 closely follows ECMAScript, as close as you can possibly get since it is still evolving. Encapsulation, Class Inheritance, Packages, Design Patterns, etc… You”ll love it.
- If you are an experienced Flex developer, the course material is very comprehensive. You will not be disappointed. There are some big changes in Flex 2, therefore there are big changes to the courses.
- There will be a course tailored to those who need Flex 2 Charting
- There will be a course tailored to customizing the design of Flex 2 application
With multiple courses to choose from, it is much easier for students to focus on what they need.
Secondly, having attended the courses myself, I was very impressed with the content, the quality and the courseware. The course developers did an exceptional job of covering a vast amount of material without leaving anything out and more importantly, without requiring the student to have a doctorate.
I”m now anxiously awaiting the release of Flex 2 and the Flex 2 courses even more!