If I were to create a Top 10 List, which I don”t, this would definitely be my list for “Why you have to upgrade to Flex Builder 3.” I actually got this list from Ted Patrick and enhanced it a little.
Top 10 List:
- With the new code model, search, refactoring, auto-complete you will code 3X faster
- The application Profiler will allow you to see and tune memory and performancern
- You will learn so much about coding in AS3 from this it”s unreal
- Compiles faster!
- Maintain projects across SDKs, 2.01, 3.0, and onward (YES!!!)
- You will be able to build AIR applications and debug them seamlesslyrn
- Easily turn Flex applications into Desktop applications
- You will be able to work with Web Services (SOAP) using strong typing
- Get new advanced data visualization components (AdvancedDataGrid, TreeDataGrid) and hierarchical data providers
- Components that we had to build in the past
- Enhanced design view for pixel perfect layout and advanced constraintsrn
- Coders, don”t knock this. Try it out and you”ll see the benefits real quick
- Skinning and styling from Illustrator, Fireworks, Flash, PhotoShoprn
- This is awesome!! Quickly and easily bring comps in directly from the design tools
- Seamless support for Flex Framework Caching RSLs ( smaller FX swf files )
Now if that”s not convincing enough, you don”t know Flex!