Do you see the pattern?
- Apple screws up maps by providing poor quality data
- Healthcare.gov doesn’t let users have access to the plans they need
- Blackberry creates a new tablet without building in email
In each case, the users couldn’t get what they wanted or needed: Content
In this always-on, self-service world, everything is about the content. When the user needs it, whether it’s bank balances, boarding passes, and refund instructions… the content on the site or in the app becomes critical. If we want to deliver great experiences for our users, we need to make sure we recognize the correct content to supply and then design for that critical content in a simple and intuitive way.
Content is still king
Content improves the bottom line. Done wrong, content can be frustrating and hurt business.
As a UX professional, you must have a firm understanding of:
- How an expanded notion of content is critical to understanding the value of user experience
- Where to tailor your design strategy with the priorities of C-level stakeholders
- Emerging business model variations for content and how they map to specific businesses